Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bradley's gonna sing in S. Africa with the Angel City Chorale!

Hello everyone,

Yes, you read that correctly... I'm going 10,000 miles away from home
to sing my heart out with 60 other choir members!

Background
-------------------
LATE this summer I plan to travel with 60 other members of the Angel City
Chorale
on a two-week tour for a great cause. We're flying to South
Africa to give public concerts in support of the Amy Biehl foundation,
which for 15+ years has been engaged in a compassionate mission to
heal the deep, stinging racial wounds of a society scarred by two
generations of apartheid.

Amy was a Fulbright scholar who had been working closely with local
communities to bridge the divide. One night in 1993 while she was
driving through Guguletu, four black men forced her car off the road,
pulled her out, beat her and stabbed her to death.

They were convicted of murder and sent to prison, but Amy's parents
(who shared her desire for racial harmony) forgave her attackers and
fought for their successful release four years later. They created
the foundation in their daughter's name to continue the work that she
started.

(Milly wanted to make sure you all knew that I wrote the stuff about
Amy myself and didn't copy:paste from their website.)

Trip and Raffle
----------------------
The trip has been planned by a travel/outreach committee in the
chorale, which coordinated with a travel agency to make all the
arrangements and group discount rates. That being said, it's still
expensive.

Every member who's going has to raise money to offset our individual
trip cost, with raffle ticket sales and other fundraisers. Each
ticket is $10.00; 50% of the ticket goes toward my balance of the trip
cost.

The grand prize is a $3,000 travel credit with our travel agency,
which can be used anywhere, any time, with any mode of transport, and
reserved for future use if you don't want to blow it all on one trip.

Your purchase of one ticket would be awesome!

Two would be even more awesomer!!

Buy five or more and I'll have your babies, promise!!!!!

I will send post cards and show pictures on my blog during the trip.

If you would like any more details, please contact me at this email or
call me at two one three-two five four-five two eight two.

Thanks a million!

--Bradley Chapman

P.S.: You know, Boy Scouts have it easy; we never had to sell cookies
door-to-door or anything of the sort! If you have practical advice for
me on pitching and closing "the deal", or know of someone who'd like
to sell tickets on my behalf (including yourself, if you are so
inclined) then let me know!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment