Sunday, February 5, 2012

First reflections on Mahler's 8th, and a sense of awe...

Saturday night's concert at the Shrine was both hair-raising and sublime.

Trying to keep up with Dudamel on some of those quick passages was tough, especially when from the back rows he seemed to be a mile away, but the payoff at the end was HUGE and totally worth all the effort and insanity.

I wish to thank those of you who have supported me all along: friends, family, coworkers past and present, and especially my wife and my sister. Without you, I would not have had the notion or the courage to try out for the Los Angeles Master Chorale. And to think of it! ...that in my first season, I have been privileged to sing three grand works--Beethoven's Ninth, and Mahler's 2nd & 8th symphonies--for the first time in my life! Last night was one of those "right place, right time" kind of moments. Truly amazing.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment